Welcome to PreventFalls.net! We posted the first Issue on Thanksgiving November 2019. Now the second Issue is open for Valentine’s Day February 2020.
In honor of the launch of this website, I will be sharing pictures in the space above that I hope you enjoy. This one is an aerial of Stump Pass, my local entrance to the Gulf of Mexico.
Because you are on this website about preventing falls, let me ask:
- Do you know someone who has fallen? Been injured? Was it you?
- Do you have parents who want to “age in place?”
- Do you want to reduce your/their risk of falls injuries?
If you are nodding your head to any, or all, of these questions, you are in the right place!
Purpose of this Website
The goal of this new website is to support your efforts to stay safe from falling and live well longer. PreventFalls.net features:
- Lifesavers, evidence-based ways to reduce falls risks
- More ways to reduce risk based on your suggestions
- Recent scientific findings about falls causes and prevention
In the past, we had few tools to intervene in this falls challenge. Over the last 30 years, however, science and technology have asked and answered many questions about what works to reduce falls and fall injuries. This body of work has yielded what I call lifesavers, ways to prevent falls.
Because we want and deserve to live well longer, it is time to take action now.
Your responses were wonderful and helpful. For specifics, please see Home, sub-section Survey Feedback.
If you want to be notified of future Issues of PreventFalls.net, please go to the Contact section. Thanks!