Welcome to PreventFalls.net November 2019 Issue #1. In honor of the launch of this website and the fall season, I am posting this lovely picture, above, of fall foliage.
Because you are on this website about preventing falls, let me ask:
- Do you know someone who has fallen? Been injured? Was it you?
- Do you have parents who want to “age in place?”
- Do you want to reduce your/their risk of falls injuries?
If you are nodding your head to any, or all, of these questions, you are in the right place!
Purpose of this Website
The goal of this new website is to support your efforts to stay safe from falling and live well longer. With this first Issue, and in the coming months, PreventFalls.net will be featuring:
- Lifesavers, evidence-based ways to reduce falls risks
- More ways to reduce risk based on your survey responses
- Recent scientific findings about falls causes and prevention
Let’s Act Now
In the past, we had few tools to intervene in this falls challenge. Over the last 30 years, however, science and technology have asked and answered many questions about what works to reduce falls and fall injuries. This body of work has yielded what I call lifesavers, ways to prevent falls.
Because we want and deserve to live well longer, it is time to take action now.
Also, please take the Thanksgiving 2019 Falls Prevention Survey so you can help shape this website. Summary results will be posted in the next Issue.
If you want to be notified of future Issues of PreventFalls.net, please provide your contact information here: